A w a r d s:
1. President Obama: The President’s Volunteer Service Award
2. The U.S. flag was flown in Afghanistan in honor of Shanaya
3. Proclaimed “Shanaya Fastje Day” in El Paso by Mayor John Cook
4. Among winner for Books to Movies, Category ‘Family/Kids by “Latino Literacy Now International”
5. Best Book Written by a Youth by “Latino Literacy Now International”
6. Shining Star of Texas Award: Governor Rick Perry
7. Spirit of Community Certificate of Excellence Award: Prudential
8. Financial and the National Association of Secondary School Principals
9. Certification of Appreciation for Anti-Bullying program The Bully in the Mirror: United Way
10. Kohl’s Kids Who Care Award Kohl’s Department Stores (three years consecutively)
11. Super Star Award: My One School Incorporated Charity.
12. “Austin Cook Award” for outstanding Youth: City of Burbank, CA
13. National Award Winner for “Extraordinary Book” Mystery School “Landmark LTD.